Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Watch Your Mouth!

A couple of years ago I was talking to my fitness coach, David Greenwalt (who is a fitness genius), about my back injury and weight gain.  I explained to him that I couldn't lose weight because I couldn't exercise.  David told me, "Cynthia, I could get you down to 120 sitting on the couch."  I have to admit that I didn't believe it at the time.  I thought that the point of exercise was so that I could eat WHATEVER I wanted in mass quantities. 
I FINALLY GET IT!!!  I don't have hours upon hours to dedicate to my daily exercise plan.  I'm a busy person with lots to do.  And if I clean up my diet, then I don't have to spend so much time trying to outrun what I eat.  What a concept.
It all started to click after I read Tosca Reno's new book, The Eat Clean Diet.  Everything I am is created by what I put in my mouth.  My hair, nails, skin, teeth, nerves, cells, muscles, fat, etc.  How can I expect to be a fit and beautiful person when I fuel my body with garbage?  The other thing she talks about is how we don't have to exercise constantly when we live a "Clean Eating" lifestyle.  It doesn't take a LOT to maintain a body that is fed well.
I have started cutting a lot of chemicals, overly processed foods, white flour and sugar from my diet.  I feel much better already. 
Weight training is still critical if I don't want to have the same flabby body in smaller form, so last night I started a new Beach Body workout series.  I am supposedly going to have a great beach body by the 4th of July.  Right...  Without clean eating, that would not be possible.
I, for one, am going to be watching my mouth and keeping the anti-foods away from it!
Here's to new challenges and gained insight.
Cheers!

1 comment:

  1. Yay! You're back! What do you want for dinner Sat night? What does Josh eat besides pizza?

    ReplyDelete