Thursday, July 22, 2010

Change Please?

I realize that this is only day two of my re-start, but I would swear that I see some changes already.  Perhaps this is due to the fact that I didn't stuff myself with garbage yesterday.  Hmmm.
Before I started, yesterday, I noticed that I was actually sporting a gut.  Me.  A GUT!  My flat stomach has been the only part of my body that I have truly never hated.  I may have a big butt, flabby thighs and aging skin, but at least I had a flat stomach.  As a rule, I try to avoid all mirrors.  I saw myself this week, and saw that I was growing a pregnancy belly, and there's no way I'm pregnant.  I guess this is what propelled me into my current action phase.  Whatever works, right?
On top of all of this, I have started to become very self conscious whenever my husband compliments me or even wants to touch me.  I know he is sincere.  The problem is that I have grown to dislike my physical self so much that I can't understand how he could be attracted to me.  This is something that I need to work on right now as I know this is an unhealthy and destructive attitude.
I guess I should set some goals.  I will ponder this today and see where I want to be.  For today I am just happy to see a change on the scale and in the mirror.
On a side note, we went to the movies last night.  This is frightening because I have a popcorn addiction.  I took a bottle of water with me and a protein bar.  It was great!  I didn't even feel the slightest temptation to cheat.  Maybe I am finally ready for some change.

Day 2
Weight 147.2

No comments:

Post a Comment