Friday, July 23, 2010

Smart Choices

Yesterday ended pretty well.  I decided that man (or woman) cannot live on shakes and bars alone, so I added in a couple of new foods.  I am taking it slow because I can get a bit carried away if I allow myself to.
My day consisted of a protein shake for breakfast, protein bar for snack, cottage cheese and blueberries for lunch, chicken fajitas and steamed broccoli for dinner, and then another protein bar for a snack after dinner.  I'm eating a meal approximately every three hours.
Don't ask me why, but I was ravenous all day yesterday.  Perhaps upping the water consumption will help.
The scale was kind to me, again, this morning.  I was worried because I sauteed the chicken and red bell pepper in olive oil.  I normally use Pam for everything.  I also used seasoning salt on the chicken which tends to make me retain water.  I'm happy to see that adding the sodium and small amount of olive oil didn't send me over the edge.
Another change I have made is to eliminate diet soda.  We'll see how long I last drinking water only.
Yay!

Day 3
146.8

No comments:

Post a Comment